Online Somatic Movement Classes
In online movement classes, you’ll learn the self-care movement exercises that are at the heart of the Clinical Somatics approach. The movements are gentle but very effective, and focus on relaxing the muscles that are holding unnecessary tension and causing you pain or discomfort. They can be done for the rest of your life. Anytime. Anywhere.
Online Class Series
Fridays - Sept 18th - Oct 23rd
9:00-10:00 am (Mountain Standard Time)
Learn Somatics in the comfort of your own home. All you need is enough floor space to lay down flat with arms out and a comfortable mat or rug.
All online classes are available via Zoom. You will need a laptop, tablet or phone, set up with the camera facing you.
Payment can be made by cheque or e-transfer.
Contact Brenda to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore full body movement patterns to address the tension in the front, back and sides of your body
- Gain a finely tuned muscular control through the full range of motion of your muscles. This helps to improve your balance and coordination and to move more efficiently.
- Relieve stress and relax
- Re-establish natural movement patterns
- Gain a heightened sense of internal body awareness
- Floor practice on an exercise mat
- Suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- Wear stretchy comfortable clothing that you can move in
“We're looking for freedom of movement - movement that is free and efficient. If you have unconscious contractions out of your control, then your muscles work twice as hard on any action."
Thomas Hanna, Somatics, Reawakening the Mind's control of Movement, Flexibility, and Health